1 loss due to not showing up; "he lost the game by default"
4 an option that is selected automatically unless an alternative is specified [syn: default option] v : fail to pay up [syn: default on] [ant: pay up]
- Rhymes: -ɔːlt
- The condition of failing to meet an obligation.
- You may cure this default by paying the full amount within a week.
- A loss incurred by failing to compete.
- The team's three losses include one default.
- A value used when none has been given. Often used
attributively, e.g., default value.
- If you don't specify a number of items, the default is 1.
condition of failing to meet an obligation
- Czech: selhání
- To fail to meet an obligation.
- You were required to make a payment on the first of the month. You have defaulted.
- To lose a competition by failing to compete.
- If you refuse to wear a proper uniform, you will not be allowed to compete and will default this match.
- To assume a value when none was given.
- If you don't specify a number of items, it defaults to 1.
default, as a result when no action is taken, may refer to:
It may also refer to:
default in French: Défaut (homonymie)
AWOL, French leave, abscondence, absence, absence without leave, absentation, absenteeism, absenting, arrear, arrearage, arrears, back debts, back payments, bad debt, be absent, be bereaved of, be caught napping, be neglectful, be negligent, bouncing check, come up short, culpa, culpable negligence, cut, day off, dearth, decline, defalcation, defect, defection, defectiveness, deferred payments, deficiency, deficit, deficit financing, delinquence, delinquency, departure, dereliction, disallow, disappearance, disconformity, dishonor, dishonoring, disregard, dollar gap, drop, escape, excused absence, fail, fail to appear, failure, fall short, falling short, fault, fleeing, forfeit, furlough, gloss over, go astray from, holiday, hooky, ignore, imperfection, inaction, inadequacy, inadvertence, inadvertency, inattention, incur loss, inferiority, inobservance, insufficiency, keep away, kiss good-bye, laches, lack, laissez-faire, lapse, laxity, laxness, leave, leave of absence, leaving, let go, let ride, let slide, let slip, levant, looseness, lose, lose out, lose sight of, lose track of, mislay, misplace, miss, neglect, neglectfulness, negligence, nod, nonadherence, nonappearance, nonattendance, noncompliance, nonconformance, nonconformity, nondischarge of debts, nonfeasance, nonfulfillment, noninterference, nonobservance, nonpayment, nonperformance, nonremittal, nonrestriction, not care for, not come, not get involved, not heed, not pay, not show up, not think, omission, overdraft, overlook, overlooking, oversight, pass over, permissiveness, poor stewardship, privation, procrastination, protest, protested bill, refuse to pay, remissness, repudiate, repudiation, running away, sabbatical leave, sacrifice, short measure, shortage, shortcoming, shortfall, sick leave, slackness, sleep, slight, slump, stop payment, suffer loss, take for granted, truancy, truantism, turn up missing, uncollectible, underage, undergo privation, unexcused absence, unobservance, unrigorousness, vacation, wander from, want, weakness, welsh